According to Film Federation of India Reports , Tollywood slips to the Third position in India.
Tollywood, one of the biggest cinema industries in Indian , has produced whopping 334 films in 2013-14 to become the top industry in India. But for the year 2015-16, it slipped to the third position by producing on;y 275 films.
There are many reasons that affected the production of films.
- Succes rate has come down.
- A constant flow of dubbing films.
- Lacks meaningful plots.
- Financial problems (banking) for small producers.
- Release/ Theaters problems for small films.
- No good returns for satellite rights.
- Expensive top heroes.
- Limited films from Top heroes (only 1 per year).
- Kollywood and Bollywood films eating shares.