- TRS keeps T hot with big win: The results of the bypolls to the seven Assembly segments in the state on Wednesday proved that pro-Telangana sentiments were still high among the electorate. The Telangana Rashtra Samiti comfortably won in five of the six segments in Telangana while the BJP – also pro-Telangana – was a surprise winner in the sixth.
- HC stops sand mining leases: Making it clear that it cannot allow the devastation of the state for the sake of benefiting a few individuals, the High Court on Wednesday banned sand mining.
- More irregularities by Rajagopal surface: Incarcerated former director of mines V.D.Rajagopal has been accused by the state vigilance and enforcement wing of being involved in yet another case of irregularities while renewing mining leases.
- Congress pays for indecision: The Congress’ drubbing in the bypolls could be seen as the result of the state leadership’s indecisiveness on Telangana.
- KCR renews T-Bill demand: TRS chief K.Chandrasekhar Rao on Wednesday told the Centre to honour the verdict of Telangana people in the bypolls by moving Telangana Bill.
- YSR Congress sets a new trend: The YSR Congress’ victory in Kovur bypolls by a handsome margin has again demonstrated the party’s ability to win elections.
- Top Maoist dies of snake bite in Dandakarayna: What contingents of central police Cobras and state Greyhounds could not accomplish was managed by a simple snake at the Dandakaranya forests of Chhattisgarh. Reports reaching here on Wednesday stated that notorious Maoist leader Gundeti Shankar died of snakebite on March 18.
- Defeat: Kiran, Botsa accept responsibility: Chief Minister Kiran Kumar Reddy and PCC president Botsa Satyanarayana have accepted responsibility for the defeat of the Congress in the bypolls.
- SHRC seeks bus mishap report: The State Human Rights Commission on Wednesday suo-motu directed the state government to inquire into the incident of a school bus plunging into a stream.
- Vijay Raghav’s custody extended: The Special Court for CBI cases on Wednesday extended the judicial remand of Emaar accused G.V.Vijay Raghav and N.Sunil Reddy till March 30.
- Online test option to avoid clash: Giving a relief to students from the state taking both All India Engineering Entrance Exam and Eamcet, the CBSE.
- Civilians hit out at Army road blocks: Attempts by the Army to declare certain roads in the Cantonment area long used by civilians, as out of bounds to them now, has predictably raised an outcry.
- T worries for big two, by poll results send congress and TDP into deep thought over future prospects.
- Ex- Army general held in Hyderabad over Adarsh Scam.
- Tv anchor battling for life after husband stabs her.
- TD finds solace in vote percentage.
- At Kovur Prasanna Kumar wins but punter loose.
- HC stays sand mining in AP from April 1.
Times of India:
- TRS holds T and Jagan Kovur.
- BSY set to return as CM?
- Government lost Rs.10.7 lakh crore by not auctioning coal blocks: CAG.
- Adarsh scam CBI arrests Retd maj-Gen from city.
- Naidu says TDP bettered show: Telugu Desam Party president N Chandrababu Naidu said that his party had improved its performance in the six assembly bypolls.
- Will Sonia grant Telangana to save Congress?: The story doing the rounds is that chief minister Kiran Kumar Reddy is interested in contesting the 2014 Lok Sabha elections and that he has even identified a possible seat – Rajampet -from where he could run.
- BJP springs a surprise in a cliffhanger: It was a cliffhanger even as the media went into an overdrive at one time by declaring TRS candidate Syed Ibrahim a winner by a mere 200-vote margin over his BJP rival Yennam Srinivas Reddy in Mahbubnagar on Wednesday.
- Now, BJP sets sights on Parkal: Buoyed by the Mahbubnagar bypoll victory, the BJP is now aiming at projecting itself as the champion of the Telangana cause, that is a sort of monopoly of the Telangana Rashtra Samiti (TRS).
- Jagan rise worries rivals as Prasanna retains Kovur: It is a clear message to the ruling Congress and main opposition Telugu Desam Party (TDP) that Jaganmohan Reddy is here to stay and could emerge as a key player in the 2014 general elections.
- Mahbubnagar loss queers TRS pitch: What should have been a grand celebration for the TRS has been marred by the Mahbubnagar assembly bypoll result, where its candidate Syed Ibrahim lost by less than 2,000 votes to the BJP.
- The poor groom walked away with a rich bride?: Employees walking into Mahindra Satyam’s Infocity campus in Hyderabad’s IT district of Madhapur on Wednesday morning were greeted by a curious sight.
- MP gang ‘hires’ kids for thefts in city: Several days ago, a gang fled from Hyderabad after committing thefts at a few function halls in Bowenpally and Paradise.
- TRS captures four seats: BJP, YSR congress party win one each.
- 16 perish in two road accidents in Karimnagar.
- Congress goes into introspection mode.
- YSRC wins Kovur seat.
- Victory margin a mixed bag.
- Mahbubnagar win shows there is an alternative.
- Win a slap in face of Congress and TDP: KCR.
- Ministers absent during debate on welfare.
- Everyone responsible, including me: Kiran Reddy: Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N.Kiran Kumar Reddy on Wednesday accepted responsibility for Congress’ debacle in the by-elections to seven Assembly constituencies in the state, saying “every defeat is a lesson” to learn from.
- ‘Minimal’ Maoists presence in northeast: HM P.Chidambaram says that the government has noticed “minimal” presence of Maoists in the northeast region, Home Minister P.Chidambaram told Rajya Sabha today.
- Custody row: India puts official’s Norway visit on hold: India has put on hold the visit of a senior official to Norway in connection with the NRI children custody row and is awaiting an update from its mission there about the “changing situation” amidst reports of differences between the parents.
- TRS and BJP shock the political dominants of Andhra Pradesh with their stunning victories in the March18 bye polls.
- Bye polls due to 18 assembly and one parliament seats in the coming days.
- AP high court bans sand mining till further orders in testate.
- TDP president said we have succeeded in conveying our stand to the people.
- CM said we lost in today’s game.
- MPs slam Govt on poverty statistics by the planning commission.
- Court stalls SERP direction to speed up probe into MFI suicides.
- Snake bite kills a Maoist leader Shankaranna alias Sheshu.
- Sonia fires AP CM and Botsa on BJP’s and YSRC Bye Poll victories in AP.
- Two heroes and Two Zeros.
- Money power failed in bye polls against T sentiment and rebels power.
- Demand for resignation of Kiran cabinet.
- During summer agricultural labor and rural poor to get NREGS works.
- By poll outcome unfurls Telangana flag once again.
- Move a Telangana bill immediately in parliament, KCR demands
- Lost the game but better than TDP- CM.
- Telengana sentiment and role of BJP respected by people – BJP candidate of Mahbubnagar.
- ACB raids in Rajahmundry.
- Voters slam TDP and Congress to dust in bye polls.
- Cong high commands demands a probe report on the flop show in bye polls.
- TRS improves numbers to 16.
- After by poll shock Congress becomes 154 and TDP is 86.
- Godman Sri Sri Ravi Shankar controversial statements – Govt schools become nurseries of naxalism.
- CM and PCC bear responsibility for shocking poll debacle – Minister DL.