Poisonous fumes from earth

Three persons have fallen ill inhaling  poisonous gas emanating from ground at Ganganapalli village on the outskirts of the town.

According to the information, the trio, including a boy, was grazing cattle when smoke and fumes started coming out of the ground. The condition of one of the three is stated to be serious.

Smoke, hot fumes and ash was sprouting from the ground. The gas was burning everything that came in its way. The nearby trees were charred. However, geologists said that the gas was not dangerous and did not pose any threat to the population of the village. A year-and-a-half ago also similar fumes emanated from the ground. Then fire tenders were called to control the fumes.