Andhra Pradesh state celebrated the 70th Independence Day with gaiety and patriotic fervour.
Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu hoisted the national flag at a colourful ceremony in Anantapur.
Nidu in his speech highlighting the welfare schemes and developmental activities of the state, has showered 6554 crore package to Anantapur.
* Rs .1,767 crore for drought relief
* Rs 500 crore for drinking water
* Rs 100 crore for industry
* Rs 139 crore for the development of roads
* Rs 94 crore for swachh Andhra Pradesh
* Rs .2,654 crore for Agriculture and allied sectors
* Rs 850 crore for Pruu project phase-1
* Rs 450 crore for Bairavan tippa Project Phase-1
* Rs 400 crore for 2 lakh borewells recharge
* Rs 850 crore for pantakuntala (pits in fields)
* Rs 450 crore for 400 tanks repairs
* Rs 17 crore for Penna-kumudvathi project
* Rs 20 crore for top Penna river
* Rs 25 crore for Crop rotation scheme
* Rs 45 crore for the supply of micronutrients
* Rs 45 crore for agriculture mechanization
* Rs 776 crore for fodder
* Rs 1,428 crore for the development of horticulture
* Rs 36 crore for malcing
* Rs 10 crore for Tools Repair
* Rs 71 crore for silk industry