Janasena president Pawan Kalyan paid a visit to express support to farmers who are resisting the Government’s bid to acquire their lands for the Amaravati project
Here are the highlights of his speech
– I came here not as an actor or politician but as a farmer
– I came into politics for two reasons, Law and Order Issue and Farmers Issue.
-I will stay with You (farmers) and fight for the justice.
– I am not against construction of the new capital and my request is withdraw the notification for land acquisition.
– I deserted my brother Chiranjeevi for the sake of people and supported TDP & BJP alliance in last elections
– I have no enmity with YS Jagan or YSRCP.
– I have my own limitations , but still fighting.
– Dont test my Integrity or brand be to a particular caste, religion or region. Its hurts me a lot, I am above all these.
– A dialogue should be initiated with farmers and the governments before taking the drastic step of issuing Land Acquisition notice.
– The government should fight for special category status sincerely
– Construction of the capital should be on consensus not by forcible land acquisition
_ Give the farmers legal protections and all the promises made should be rightly documented.
– About 3500 acres which are due to un voluntary acquisitions is not “AfterALL”. Ravela Kishore Babu’s ‘after all’ 3000 acres of land comment pained me . Politician should not use that word ‘after all’. If 3500 acres of farmers is “AfterALL”, then why did Murali Mohan cried over 10-15 acres during YSR regime for outer ring road in Hyderabad.
– Government should make expert committee panel with Jayaprakash Narayan and address all the grievances of the farmers , convince them and take land from them .