Addressing the the joint session of the assembly on the first day of the Telangana Assembly budget session, Governor
E.S.L. Narasimhan stated that the state is targeting to achieve 15 percent growth rate in 2016-17
Some of the highlights of his speech are the following
- Telangana on Succes road fr last 21 months
- Inter-state problems were successfully solved
Agreement with Maharashtra over projects.
- Govt acted with Political strategy
- Telangana budget is designed with in-depth work.
- Govt has taken up Mission Bhagiratha, Mission Kakatiya and construction of double bedroom houses.
- With Rs 1.15 lakh crore to the state budget,the govt will satisfy all.
- Govt introduced ‘Kalyana Lakshmi ‘for unmarried Girls and ‘Arogya Lakshmi ‘for women health.
- Govt has took initiative to regularise outsourcing employees.
- Food security was introduced.
- Governance reforms at the level of panchayats
- With Swachh Bharat initiative ..T govt took up Swachh Hyderabad.
- 41 million plastic trash box has been distributed to the people.
- Govt took up reforms in the agricultural sector
- Medicinal Health facilities available to everyone
- The public sector health system strengthened
- Brought radical changes in government hospitals. 4 super- specialty hospitals in Hyderabad.
- 108 vehicles will be strengthened by supporting .
- Mission Indradanusu has brought identity to the state at National level
- Special funds for Horticulture collection.
- Telangana will be a seed capital.
- 45 thousand pond renovation under Mission Kakatiya
- Bhagiratha taken up to overcome drinking water problem.
- Govt is successful for giving uninterrupted power supply
- Promotion of solar energy in the next three years
- Industrial development, job creation are the priorities of Govt.