Fire broke out in a Vijayawada-based private hospital, Sentini Super Specialty Hospital due to short circuit.
The incident created panic among patients and their attendants. Relatives of the patients and hospital staff, As many as 52 in patients had a miraculous escape.
The fire broke out from a battery of UPS in MRI scan room in Sentini hospital. Smoke spread all over the hospital, causing panic among patients.
The hospital authorities shifted 52 in patients to various hospitals in several private and 108 ambulances.