The Centre is expected to announce a special package for Andhra Pradesh in a day after hectic consultations between Union minister in Delhi.
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley , Venkaiah Naidu and Sujana Chowdary held hectic discussion, considering the demands of AP Chief minister Chandrababu Naidu and making necessary changes.
According to media reports, The package would be around 50 thousand crees including the following
- 20 thousand crore for the development of ports
- 25 crore for the development of National Highways
- 10 to 15 thousand crores for construction of the capital structure
- 12 thousand crore for the commercial corridor
- 10 to 12 thousand crore for universities
- For POLAVARAM 28 crore, Rs 30 thousand for external aided projects
- 10 thousand crore Financial deficit
- 2 crore for backward districts
The package proposal have been cleared by finance ministry and sent to PMO for final approval before making announcement.