3kg gold seized at Rajiv Gandhi International Airport

goldThe Rajiv Gandhi International Airport in Hyderabad has turned into Gold smuggling hub in south asia.

Customs Officials have seized three kilograms of gold worth Rs 75 lakhs from an air passenger, who arrived by a Dubai flight Emirates Airlines Flight EK-528 , had hidden the gold in the form of biscuits in his shoes. He was detained by customs officials.

Instead of finding the roots , key persons who are involved in gold smuggling. Officials are busy in seizing the gold . This is not the first case , more than twenty such cases were reported in this year alone.  Sources say a key person involved in such smuggling activities is yet to be traced. Media Reports say he choose sea transport for smuggling 60% of gold and remaining 40% is transported through flights .